- 1. Small dice onion and sauté in oil until just past translucent.
2. Add chopped tareh, or chives, and minced garlic. Cook for a 3 to 4 minutes longer.
3. Add turmeric and small chopped mint. Continue to sauté for 2 minutes longer.
4. Add lamb and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until browned on all sides. Then add 2 cups of water. Cook covered on medium low for 1 hour.
5. Add quartered artichokes. Gently mix and cook covered for 30 minutes.
6. Add fava beans and rough chopped dill, then season with salt. Mix gently. Cover and cook for 20 minutes longer.
7. Serve over Persian Rice.
Category: Art & Crafts